Update 12/05/2021

Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Arthur

                               Character Introduction

Arthur


Today we'll be taking a look at Arthur, the brave!

Arthur was one of the last characters to be designed, model-wise, but I knew I wanted someone like him in the game from the get-go. Despite the stigma characters like these get, I wrote Arthur to be more than just the comic relief, but to be someone who actually has a clue about what's going on, even if his knowledge comes from the 2D world.

 

His design was inspired by a character in Persona 3 known as the Gourmet King, Suemitsu Nozomi. Since most of the designs are inspired by eastern games, I didn't had a lot of references for overweight characters. Japanese games don't really feature them all that often, but Nozomi is the one that kept popping up in my head all the time. 

 


I found his early design really fun, and considered using him just like this, but it would clash with the rest of the game's artstyle, but I kept it for the game icon since it's so interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment